Tuesday, June 22, 2010

wE LoVe dAdDy!!!

I am a little late posting this... I love my dad so much!! He is such a good dad to me and my sister! I LOVE watching him be "Poppy" to my kiddos! He is the best! They all three adore him so much!!! He can make the boys laugh so hard and he is just a total mush about Miss Molly!!! I am so proud of my dad!!
Dad, I hope you had a great Father's Day and hope you loved Luby's!!!! It will probably be a year before we go again!! {my dad loves the cafeteria!!! We give him a hard time about it and we never want to go there....so last week my mother and I decided it would be fun to take him there for Father's Day lunch....I was actually pleasantly surprised that it was clean and good...and the boys LOVED it! Jack ate more than he ever does!!! it was pretty funny!}


So, I might be the world's worst gift giver when it comes to Bob...and he is the best with me...so this year I decided to try to step it up a bit...I think he liked it!!!
We did something special every day last week for him {i totally stole this idea from him...he's done it for me a few times!} I don't have pics of everything we did, but here are a few...
We had "DAD" donuts made for him in his favorite flavor, maple!!
Here is Bob with his dad and our kiddos! We had a yummy dinner at Bob and Reda's on Sunday night!


One day while Bob was at work we made him some cookies that he likes and I had the boys tell me their favorite things about Bob...it was really cute to see all the things that they came up with! Both of the boys think their daddy is pretty special!!!
One of his gifts was this picture framed for his office....{I LOVE that she is all dolled up and they are in undies and capes...that is pretty much what you get around here!!! we love a good super hero cape right now!!!}

and this was his face when he opened it...
we also got him some new tennis shoes, a few new shirts, the boys wore their "dad rocks" shirts one day, we had daddy's best friend over for dinner one night, we went to see toy story 3 as a family, and then celebrated all day on Sunday!
I know everyone thinks their husband is the best....but Bob really is! :)
He loves us all so well! He is the perfect daddy to all three of our kids! I love to see him with them! Jack thinks he is so cool and the smartest man in the world..Sammy thinks he is his best friend and wants to be by his side all the time and Miss Molly's little face just lights up when she sees him!!! I am so lucky to get to parent with Bob! He is so wise at leading our family and I love him more and more each day!!! When we very first started dating I was a nanny for 3 little girls and I remember seeing him with them for the first time and just knowing that he was going to be an amazing daddy one day!!! He is way better than I ever imagined!!!
I love you Bob!!!
Hope you had a great Father's Day!!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

What a sweet post Laura! You do such a great job at honoring your husband! I really like your and Bob's idea for celebrating Father's Day and just might have to steal that one next year for Preston! Thanks for sharing!